Did you know that the health of the immune system, heart, skin and gums depends heavily on consuming adequate amounts of Vitamin C?
This also helps in the growth and repair of tissues, Being an antioxidant it also prevents premature aging of the skin. However, you don't need to take supplements to get the required daily amount of vitamin C, you may not know that you can find it in more foods than you think! In addition to lemon and orange, here are some of them:
- Guava: This exotic fruit and very familiar to all Latino families is low in calories and rich in nutrients. It not only provides you with vitamin C, but also provitamin A, group B vitamins, and minerals such as potassium.
- Parsley: You will not want to stop including it in your recipes from now on, since with 25 g of fresh parsley you cover 70% of the daily needs of vitamin C! The possibilities of including it in your recipes are endless. You will discover that parsley is not just for decoration.
- Kiwi: Make sure it is one of the three pieces of fruit you eat a day. And not only because of its high vitamin C content, but because it stimulates intestinal transit. In addition, it contains little sodium, which prevents bloating and helps control blood pressure.
- Papaya or Milky: Another delicious tropical fruit that you should start including in your diet if you haven't already. It is low in calories and rich in vitamin C, which makes you better assimilate iron from other foods and gives you energy. By the way, have you tried it in juice? There is nothing better than a milky juice!
- Red Paprika: Peppers in general are rich in vitamin C, but red not only has vitamin C, but it also provides you with vitamin A, E, B6 and folic acid, so eating it regularly improves eyesight, digestion, cardiovascular health, promotes the elimination of toxins and strengthens the defenses.
Don't forget to include these foods in your everyday diet, your body will thank you!