When we take responsibility we must be willing to fulfill our obligations. Punctuality is one of the acts of discipline that we will have to acquire, since otherwise we will be communicating that we do not feel prepared to assume responsibilities.
Tardiness is a good indicator of the little or no organization of our time and planning of our activities. Arriving early to places will allow you to make the most of your time.
Here are some tips that can help you:
1. Check well where you are going, and how long it will take you to get there.
2. Depending on the distance, consider traveling to the location well in advance, in order to arrive early.
3. Don't assume the other person is going to be late just like you. Even if the other person is not punctual, it does not mean that you should be. On the contrary, if the person knows that you are punctual, they will do everything possible to be on time.
4. Advance the clock a few minutes, so you will always be on time.
5. Set your departure time in advance.
6. It is preferable that you postpone some of your appointments if you consider that you will not be on time.
7. Leave everything you need ready.
8. Plan to arrive 15 minutes early so that you can beat any unforeseen event.
By being punctual we are in a position to carry out more activities, perform our work better and earn the trust of others. Although it may seem difficult, being punctual is a habit that, like any other, we can achieve if we try to.