¿You are also looking to strengthen your memory. We are many with the same goal! Lifestyle changes can be adopted that help to improve our memory in an optimal way, in addition to applying techniques to recover memories. If you think you have a bad memory, you may want to try the following tips:s:
- Watch your diet and eat fresh vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower and celery, as well as curry and nuts; as they contain antioxidants that stimulate the production of brain cells. The Mediterranean diet, which regularly includes fish, olive oil, avocados, fruits and vegetables, nuts, legumes and whole grains, is highly recommended by neurologists. Also, coconut oil is recommended to prevent neurological degeneration.
- Performing physical activity regularly stimulates the production of nerve cells and in turn, these release neurotrophins; that directly benefit mental health and cognitive functions.
- Relate to others, whether they are friends, family or acquaintances, has been associated with a better memory. This is attested by a study by Australian researchers published in the journalJournal of Aging Research which showed that those participants who had greater contact with close friends an important social network,showed better performance in memory tests after a 15-year follow-up.
- Sleeping well allows the brain to reset itself and be ready to perform better cognitive functions. Also to give our brain an opportunity to process memory from short-term memory to long-term memory.
- Mnemonics is everything related to mental associations that facilitate remembering various things. For example links with similar images, phrases or sounds.
- Finally, keep a journal, a to-do list or an agenda with all the important things you need to remember, so you will never forget them!!
Remember that the more we train our brain,the further we will be able to push our limits. There are countlessjgames, problems and tricks that help improve memory and that can be carried out in almost any situation. Repeating what has been learned out loud, making rhymes, practicing new activities that motivate us or associating ideas with codes or images will bring out the hidden potential of our mind.
¡Don't be frustrated if you consider yourself to be short-lived! As you have read, there are many methods that can help us improve our retention of information.