When the office is in your home, you risk that productivity is not the most optimal. However, here are some tips to help you stay focused.
- Have office hours. It is very common to make the mistake of extra limiting yourself and overworking so do your best to have working hours and stick to those hours. Then try leaving work at the office and turn off your phone or put it on silent for the rest of the day. Give yourself some time to recharge your batteries and be more productive.o.
- Prepare a workspace. Consistency is an important aspect of working from home. Try to do things in the same place every day. Make sure it is an efficient place for you or your business and even your style. Surround yourself with things that inspire you and make you happy like flowers, music, and paintings. Make your workspace a place where you like to be every day and work better.
- ¡Put on your clothes! Do not work in pajamas: If you wear the same clothes as to sleep, it will be very difficult to put your brain at a trot. More importantly, if you do not follow the usual routine that you follow when you have to go to the office, you are breaking the golden rule of working remotely: setting limits.
- Plan each day: The hardest part is deciding what to do. You cannot go blind, you have to know what you are going to do each day. Ideally, the night before you spend 5 minutes writing very specifically the tasks to be done the next day. If you go to bed already knowing what you will do the next day, you will sleep better and jump out of bed in the morning with clear ideas. Keep in mind that this can also help reduce anxiety about working from home.
- Avoid distractions. One challenge of working from home is accountability. If you don't have colleagues or partners around you, it's easy to get distracted. There are always things to do around the house. Do your best to put them on hold like the washing machine or dirty dishes until you go home in the afternoon. Set an alarm on your cell phone or computer.a.
With these tips I assure you that you can increase your productivity and give better results working from home.